Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Intro

I was an avid reader of The China Beat from the start and I am much indebted to the masterminds behind it. Hope you don’t mind my borrowing parts of your name. Sorry to see you gone …

In a way, this blog is a deep bow to you and other like-minded souls - specialists on China that neither glorify nor condemn. In short - 'real' old China hands.

Over the years, I’ve learned a lot by reading your articles, books, blogs, news, reviews …

Thanks a lot. Xiexie nimen! Danke!

As a China scholar that has left the academic ivory tower years ago, I am trying to fill a void in the (German-speaking) world of new & old media where China is often either viewed as the new 'red peril' or 'the saviour of it all'.

Topics will cover modern Chinese society, politics, economics, (rural) development, gender politics, etc.

Guest authors are most welcome to share their views and perspectives, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment